Lessons Learned with Office 365
- We noticed very slow performance when accessing a secondary mail file from Outlook 2007. Upgrading to Outlook 2010 corrected the problem.
- Upgrade of Office 365 from the professional version to enterprise version is not easy. See Lisa’s Blog for details.
- We noticed two problems with both Outlook 2007 and 2010:
- Calendar reminders do not show up.
- Unread email messages with the following information:
11:37:00 Synchronizer Version 14.0.6025
11:37:00 Synchronizing Mailbox ‘Rayan Hanoudi’
11:37:00 Synchronizing local changes in folder ‘Drafts’
11:37:00 Uploading to server ‘CH1PRD0402.mailbox.outlook.com’
11:37:01 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
11:37:01 Network problems are preventing connection to Microsoft Exchange.
11:37:01 Microsoft Exchange Information Store
11:37:01 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
11:37:01 1 item(s) deleted in online folder
I found a fix on the office 365 community forum: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/160/p/11060/48912.aspx
We had to:
- Quit Outlook, delete the OST file and start Outlook again and have it rebuild the file.
- Quit Outlook, Turn off “Use Cached Exchange Mode”, start Outlook. Exit Outlook and enable “Use Cached Exchange Mode” again.
- There is still on outstanding issue with an unread email that shows up all the time:
9:49:36 Synchronizer Version 14.0.6109
9:49:36 Synchronizing Mailbox ‘Rayan Hanoudi’
9:49:36 Synchronizing local changes in folder ‘Drafts’
9:49:37 Uploading to server ‘CH1PRD0402.mailbox.outlook.com’
9:49:37 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
9:49:37 1 item(s) deleted in online folder
Many people are having this same exact issue, see this blog post: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/146/t/3437.aspx