Talend tNotesOutput Connector Instructions:
Please Note: If you don’t really “know” Lotus Notes, then these components probably won’t help you much. Notes doesn’t work like traditional SQL databases (it is more of a NoSQL type database). As such, you may need help. Support, maintenance, and training packages are available for our components. Please contact us for additional information: Traction Consulting Group – Contact Information
Download The Component:
- Download the control from Talend Exchange
- Install our components in a new directory under your Talend directory.
- In Windows -> Preferences -> Talend -> Components, change the User Component path to your extracted path.
- For tNotesOutput to work, you need to load the Notes.jar library. This file is available from either the Client or the Server. So, your first component in your job should be tLibraryLoad, which will declare Notes.jar
- DIIOP – Allows you to bypass the local Client and instead execute remote instructions to the server. Minimizes the footprint on the client, but slows down processing. This option is necessary if you are working in 64bit client environments.
- Set the iNotes user id and password if you use DIIOP. Also, specify your server address for the DIIOP port.
- Use the local client Password (current .ID file) if you do not use DIIOP
- Domino Server & File/Path Name – Server can be local (leave as “”), or enter the server name here. File/Path should use forward slashes (like in the example)
- ViewName – The name of the view you will “read” from to check for Updates. Note that for tNotesOutput, a view is required. If you will not be Updating, just use any view (it won’t matter since it will just insert). Works with Key Formula (which is required for updates).
- Key Formula: Specify the column from your Source which contains the unique record identifier. For example: row1.RecID (this is required for Updates)
- Action: Specify Insert, Insert or Update, or Update Only (no inserts)
- Before Code: Specify an @Function Formula to run to setup the record Before an insert (with default fields, the form name, etc).
- After Code: Specify an @Function Formula to run after all of the source fields have been added to the record (Insert or Update). Useful to massage data using @Functions, or setup additional fields (like ModifedOn/By)
- Schema: Just inherit from the source, unless you are going to rename your columns on the Notes Record. In that case, change both Column and DB Column to match the destination Notes field name.
- You can purchase a support, maintenance, and training package for your company. This is the best way to fully utilize the components, and ensure your production environment is supported. Please contact us for additional information: Traction CG